16 March, 2010

Jessica Simpson Is ‘Stronger’ After Shooting ‘The Price of Beauty’ 'Embarrassed' By Mayer

Jessica Simpson believes men now mentally undress her when she is in public because of John Mayer's comments about her bedroom abilities.

Jessica Simpson has been left "embarrassed" after John Mayer said she was "sexual napalm" in bed.

The 29-year-old singer and actress admits the situation left her questioning why men were looking at her when she was out and about.

She said: "My phone has been ringing. It's more embarrassing. I'll walk into a restaurant or something. I'll walk and feel like men are looking at me - but I feel like they're undressing me."

Jessica also claims she thinks 32-year-old Mayer was "stupid" to break up with her in 2007.

Speaking on US TV programme 'The View', she said: "He did apologise, but I mean, at this point it doesn't really matter. I mean, I only thought he was stupid for breaking up with me."

Earlier this month Jessica admitted she would always care for the 'Gravity' singer, despite his comments to Playboy magazine.

She said: "I will always care about him. I think he's a great person, a great musician, but I was very disappointed by the article."

She added that given her new, fresh perspective on things, she doesn't care what anyone has to say these days. "I view the world very differently," she said. "Everything's not as big of a deal as people make it out to be, and that's a really great place to be in. I know there's nothing that anybody can say about me that will take me to a very low place, because I am stronger."

It was her experiences traveling all over the globe that gave Simpson strength. "The extremes [people] go to to feel beautiful, I think our society puts way, way too much pressure on a woman to feel beautiful," she said. "But the extremes that we saw in all these different countries were amazing. It was, like, outrageous.

"We went to Uganda. We were in fattening huts [where] the fatter you are, the more beautiful you are in this certain village we were in," she continued. "And so the men want their women to look like cows, because the cows are their prize possession. So the bride-to-be has to gain 90 pounds before she gets married. It does push its limits to what's healthy, what's not healthy. I've done all kinds of stuff on this trip."