23 March, 2010

Justin Bieber Spending & Singing Christmas in Washington

As you probably know by now, Justin Bieber's My World 2.0 hits stores on Tuesday. What you may not be aware of is the role Perez Hilton played in the making of it.
When MTV News spoke to the blogger-turned-music mogul backstage at his high-profile South by Southwest party, he explained his connection to the teen-pop sensation. And he professed his undying admiration for all things Bieber-y.

"People won't believe this, but it's true. I was into Justin Bieber two years ago, because I discovered him on YouTube, but I wasn't in a position to do anything, because I didn't have a record label back then," Hilton said. "Thankfully, I told other people about Justin Bieber back then. So I didn't just keep it to myself. I didn't post it on my Web site or anything, but I did talk about it, because it was the beginning of the conversations of me doing something with music, so I was hoping I could do something with him in the future, but it didn't pan out. ... But I love Justin Bieber."

So how is Hilton linked to My World 2.0? Turns out, the connection is Los Angeles-based production team Stereotypes, who played a new song for Hilton.

"It's actually not even six degrees, it's one degree of Perez on his new album, because I'm so involved in music now, and I'm working with a lot of artists, I've been meeting with a lot of producers," he explained. "I met with this camp in the Valley, they're called Stereotypes. They're these up-and-coming producers, and they played me a lot of their music, and one of their songs, the first time I heard it, I was like, 'This is a smash. This is a huge hit.' And then I started thinking, 'This might be a great song for Justin Bieber.' So I sent it over to JB's camp. Justin loved it. They recorded the song, it's going to be on his new album, and it's going to be a huge hit for him. The song's called 'Somebody to Love.' "

So, if on Tuesday, you're grooving to My World 2.0, remember to give thanks to Perez Hilton. After all, he's just one little part of Bieber's success. Sort of.