25 April, 2010

ALEX O’LOUGHLIN INSISTS HE DIDN’T BECOME AN ACTOR TO GET FAMOUS

HOLLYWOOD’S hottest new hunk, Alex O’Loughlin, insists he didn’t become an actor because he wanted to be a star.

I have liked him for years. I loved Moonlight. He made a great vampire. He was in another series Three Rivers. I notice all the trailers about this movie only mention Jenifer Lopez. There is no mention of his name. how many actors would have that happening. Let’s just enjoy the acting.

The Aussie heartthrob — who appears alongside Jennifer Lopez in new movie The Back-Up Plan — says he got into acting because he sees it as an art form.

“I didn’t become an actor to get famous,” he said. “I became an actor because I love the work. I love being on stage, I love being part of a collaborative art form and seeing what we can create in a film, but fundamentally, the most important thing to me is what comes before that, and that’s life. Your life, your family, your people…I mean, without life experience, you can’t tell stories anyway. You’re a boring actor.

“I don’t really act like I’m famous. I just do my thing. I’m not that famous, dude. Sometimes I get pointed out or some people shuffle up and ask for an autograph or a photograph, but I’m not at a point where I can’t leave the house, thank God. I think the downsides would be losing your anonymity and not being able to trust people, to tell whether people want to be with you and get to know you because of your celebrity or because of who you are.

“I just try to carry the sense of integrity and authenticity I had in the beginning of my career, because I think that’s what makes people interested in you in the first place. It’s important not to lose that.”

O’Loughlin insists he wasn’t starstruck working with Lopez, who is married to Latino singer Marc Anthony.

“I just know her as her, you know what I mean?” he said. “I know her as my costar, her husband as my friend Marc, I know Max and Emme as her kids and they’re my own little mates…I just don’t see it in that way. When I step away and look at it from that perspective, yes, she’s a brand, and the machine behind the J.Lo brand informs and creates that. She obviously wanted that, and in that case, she’s a very smart businesswoman because she’s made a lot of money, I presume, and she’s had a lot of success and is very well-known.

“She must be pretty resilient, because I don’t want that. I’m not suggesting I could ever have that, but the other thing you’ve got to realize about Jennifer is that she’s as famous as she is based on her talent. She’s a very talented woman, an incredible singer, dancer and writer who’s very good at what she does, as opposed to these people you see these days who are famous for being famous. There are celebrities in this day and age who really have offered nothing artistically but they’re on the cover of magazines and stuff. That world, I don’t really get it.”